Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wikipedia or Britannica?

I believe that because of the ever changing nature of Wikipedia and its ability to update any bit of information at any time, it will be more accurate than the Encyclopedia Britannica in 10 years. This is not to say that every piece of information will be 100 percent accurate, but it will be more accurate than Britannica. The Encyclopedia Britannica is accurate, but it would take longer to change any updated piece of information, whereas in Wikipedia there is always someone checking on certain articles and updating any discrepancies. Although if you think about it, any information source is going to be flawed in some way or another. There will never be 100 percent accuracy 100 percent of the time.
As for Digg, I know what it is, but I do not use the feature at all. I don't really care to Digg anything. It's not that I don't like the idea, because it is a good idea, I just don't find it useful for me when I'm communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment