Sunday, October 18, 2009

Stupid things people do on Facebook

I have a Facebook account and sometimes I'm blown away with some of the things I see posted. Not only are people giving out to much personal information, but they're not thinking.

I found an article by MSNBC that gives a great example. Someone posted a poll about assassinating Obama. The poll asked respondents "Should Obama be killed?" The choices: No, Maybe, Yes, and Yes if he cuts my health care. The question was not created by Facebook, but by an independent person using an add-on application that has been suspended from the site.

But, like any threat against the president, Secret Service agents are taking no chances and took down the poll. Facebook rep agreed to work with the Secret Service and provide any details for their investigation.

I know this will not change anything. People will still believe that what they do on Facebook is freedom of speech or harmless. This article is a great example how that is not the case. In the future, we will see more articles like this because of that attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment