Tuesday, October 6, 2009

hypermedia

Technology has always moved us forward and if there was a captain it'd be hypermedia. When I first had a cell phone there was no picture messaging, video messaging, and I wasn't even thinking about connecting to Facebook via a 3 inch screen. But in retrospect, this allows me to receive and send information in a small package and for someone to receive it in a matter of seconds. Whether its texting or I need to reply to an email immediately its all in my pocket.
Although all that information is good, we are losing person to person transactions. Honestly, if I need to get in contact with someone and discuss business I'd probably end up calling, texting, or emailing them. All through technology, which results in this information overload that happens everyday. Search something on Google and you get 1 billion results in a matter of 3.2 seconds. Try it, I just did. Am I going to go through these 1 billion results? No. But it gives you so much extra information about every single word you searched all through hypermedia.
So there are ups and downs of hypermedia, it makes things easier but in the future it may hurt the everyday contact we have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment