Monday, October 19, 2009

Facebooking

Facebooking started out as a great idea. It started out that you had to be registered to a college or at least 18 years of age. Then the myspacers came over and corrupted the facebook world forever. Myspace was a childrens spot to show off your creativity in different layouts, music and other random things you could do to personalize your profile. Facebook was the clean version and designed to stay in touch with your friends from home when your at college. Facebook now is all about updating your status whether your at the park or going to the bathroom, people know. I admit, I use facebook on a daily basis and check it at least 3 times a day.
Social networks have always been used and always will be. Eventually Facebook might be beat out by another one but social networking can be a great tool. It can be used by firms looking for their next employee or vice versa. Without social networking, yes there would be more human contact, but I probably wouldn't talk to any of my high school friends nor past co-workers or anybody. Facebook allows me to keep in touch and stay in touch with friends. Do I need to tell the world I'm dating someone? No, not really but I choose to. Nobody really knows why they update their status every second but they do. Its a part of the social networking world and thats how its going to remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment