Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blog on a Blog


Ok. So my blog ended up not posting everyday so i decided to pick the 7 most recent posts. I was looking through all of the philly blogs that are linked to uwishuknew and I found one called Broad and Market that i found very interesting. Broad and Market is a blog about street style from Philly. What I loved about this blog is that Maggie (the creator) goes up and talks to random people on the streets of Philly about their style. She documents their conversation and lets you read it word for word. She says she wants to document "the personal style, the character of the people that call Philadelphia home" (About). I like that, I like reading about people here in my city. On saturday Queen Sumiyah Mu' El was the focus. Her outfit was African and very colorful. She said she was part of the Moorish Cherokee clan in North Central Philly. How cool is that?!?!
Then a few days earlier Sol Jung from Tokyo was at Clark Park carrying a basket and claiming that her newest obession is high heels. I don't know why, but little details about people like this are kinda interesting to me, especially when it's in Philly.
Then there was Bernadette the Brunette from Jersey/South Philly. She had some bangin glasses and a sweet tat on her upper arm.
The Broad and Market link : http://cyborgmemoirs.com/street/

No comments:

Post a Comment