Monday, October 12, 2009

Food Blogs

This week made me realize that I never blogged on a website before. I would read some or totally skip over the blogging section. So this assignment was very different for me. I started searching for a blogs I would be interested in. So, of course I researched blogs relating to food, because I'm a true fatty. I came across a interesting blog called, Serious Eats. This is a blog post a new stories every other day or several stories in one. People blog on the different articles or recipes. Someone posted a childhood memory about how their mother made the fried egg sandwich. Their family was very poor growing up and now the sandwich is a comfort food. Overall, 55 bloggers commented on this blog and now the childhood favorite is the same from them or how they create the best sandwich.

So when do you use email, IM or a blog? Good question, for something like this a blog is a great format. In a blog setting everyone on the web gets to post there ideas or recipes. If this was a email, of course you only have address for people you know. Unless you buy a list, then you run into a risk of the email falling into someone spam folder. If not, one would get replies from family and friend, not from total strangers in another city, state or country.

What's the next step with online communication? I'm think it will be video interaction. Video communications, allowing the reviewer to see you in real time. This would work great for all IMs and blogs sites. As for emails will stay the same, but it will replace paper and letter writing completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment