Sunday, September 20, 2009

Creativity & Innovation

In my opinion, when it comes to design everything has already been done. However, with some creativity the new design may come off as innovative.

I think creativity is taking something that already exists and improving/changing it slightly whereas
innovation requires the idea to be original. Furthermore, I don't think you can have innovation without creativity but you can have creativity without innovation. I think to be a great designer you need to be not only creative but also innovative. You must be capable of generating new ideas.

Whenever I see the "New and Improved" tag it always cracks me up. How can something be new AND improved?! It has to be one or the other. It's such a creative marketing scheme!

No comments:

Post a Comment