Sunday, September 27, 2009

Copyright? What is that?

After reading the copyright articles, it reminded me if my previous job. Every year the company held an annual conference. Each year, a local artist was selected to represent the conference's location. As a new hire, I discovered for years, they used artwork from online or books to create he print materials. When I asked about copyright permission verification, I was told that it was needed. My mouth just dropped. I could not believe a organization that was crazy about copyrights and trademarks for their items, didn't think they needed permission to use someone else artwork. It was interesting to find out that they never got catch doing this. The print designs were mailed to several hundreds of people and placed online for everyone to view.

I found that some assumed only famous artwork were copyrighted and other had no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment