Monday, September 7, 2009

Being Analog

I found the article Being Analog both confusing and intriguing. I agree with Norman's idea that humans are analog beings. "People are compliant: we adapt ourselves to the situation. We are flexible enough to allow our bodies and our actions to fit the circumstances." I also agree with his point in the end of his article that humans and machines are better when they work together. Neither analog or digital should have a higher preference. Although as I was reading through this article I realized that his statement that "the dilemma facing us is the horrible mismatch between requirements of those human built machines and human capabilities" seemed to contradict that earlier point. As Anna pointed out as well, are humans and machines such a terrible mismatch? Both humans and machines are essential, the digital is no more important in this day and age then the analog.

No comments:

Post a Comment