Sunday, November 8, 2009

Surrogates anyone?

After reading Nick's blog, I did agree that the article was outdated. I realized that the user activity for Second Life sites are now in the tens of millions. Most of my friends, that are unemployed, spend most of their time on these sites. They are able to pretend to work and shop without the effects of real-life negativity. Other just enjoy doing and being something different.

Where do I see this virtual world ending up?
In my mind, I think the movie, Surrogates. This movie hits it on the nail. I believe the virtual world will run out of new ways to draw new users. Of course, they will try 3-D interaction, but when that gets old, Surrogates will be next. Surrogates will have the new appeal users are looking for. Users will have to ability to interact from the comfort of their own homes and pick how they would like their Surrogate to look. The twist will be interacting in real-life, not virtual. I know this might be crazy, but I don't think we are far off.

Surrogates movie trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwTJ7mCcFoY

No comments:

Post a Comment