Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Rapstar

This is an interesting way to end the blogging for the semester. I remember one of the first blogs about digital vs analog and how I side with analog aspects of daily life. Of course I use the computer on a daily basis as well for design, communication, and entertainment - games a rarely a part of my world. I do undertand how inportant the gaming industry is to digital design and how massive the gaming community has grown over the last ten years. I think it's amazing that you can sit down and play some one else across an ocean in soccer or a first player game and talk smack back and forth via a headset. My old boss was addicted to multi player games and I always knew when he was up all night playing games if he'd come in looking a bit more pale then normal.

The future of games will continue to evolve with richer media content, more immersive environments, and of course high quality audio. A few other people have mentioned in their blogs that gaming will follow the lead of social media networks and I believe that to be true. I have designed a few trade show exhibits for the gaming industry and always really enjoy their passion about the brand. (Ubisoft, DefJam Interactive, 4mm). The most recent project I worked on was for a game called Rapstar. it's basically a kareoke game to hip hop. Players video tape their performance and upload the video to a YouTube like community for other players to comment and rate. This type of concept will continue making gaming more competive and cross over into reality.

http://www.defjamrapstar.com/

[sorry this blog is late]


No comments:

Post a Comment